Saturday 4 January 2014

The Results Are In...

And (thankfully) they weren't (quite) as bad as I was expecting.


I wrote this ages ago, but I've only just got round to publishing it because I'm lazy....

I'd tried desperately to keep the thought of receiving my results right to that dark, murky bit right at the back of my head. I was doing quite well at that as well. That was until, on Tuesday morning, I awoke to find a email from GAMSAT with the subject reading:

'GAMSAT 2013 UK: Your Results Are Now Ready'


Cue lots of uncontrollable shaking and butterflies and everything else associated with acute-exam-result-related-nerves. It's safe to say I was a bit of a wreck. 

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank ACER (the people who do GAMSAT) for telling me the results wouldn't be ready until LATE November, before releasing them on the 19th - Which still classes as Mid-November to me... I'd also like to thank them for giving me no prior warning and for emailing me at 5:53am, so that when I woke up just before 7am, I went into a tizz before I even got out of bed.

I opened the email on my iPad; clicked on the link and carefully entered my login details, whilst simultaneously trying not to drop said iPad through nerve-related shaking.

I then tentatively clicked on the 'Get Results' link before reading three little numbers which have given me a confidence-boost somewhat.

They're not great results, and, as I expected, I'll be doing the exam again next year. But, as someone who expected to be greeted with the dreaded:

'30. 30. 30...'

...Across the board, I'll take what I actually achieved (with very little in the way of revision) as not too bad indeed. For me...

49. 51. 42.

Average: 46.